It is our privilege and special pleasure to invite you to the 3rd International Congress of the Greek Local Chapter of the Controlled Release Society, on June 19th - 20th, 2017 in Athens, Greece.
This year the program focuses on the scientific and regulatory aspects of the two main formulation categories, namely, generics and biotechnological drugs/Biosimilars. In addition, special emphasis is given to the emerging field of complex drugs.
The list of topics quoted below gives a more detailed picture of the topics covered. We encourage the submission of oral or poster presentations from young scientists.
In order to guarantee the quality of future research and new practical applications, a dialogue between experienced colleagues, young scientists and professional is also encouraged.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Athens, Greece.
Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Athens
Paris A Kosmidis
Medical oncologist, Head Department of Medical Oncology, Hygeia Hospital Athens
Dates: 19-20 June, 2017
Titania Hotel Panepistimiou 52 ,
Athens 106 78 - Greece
Tel: +30.210-33.26.000 - Fax: +30.210-33.00.700
web: www.titania.gr - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Henning H. Blume
Vinod P. Shah
To download the 1st Announcement of the Congress, please click here.
GENERICS: A. Scientific aspects of drug development and research such as dissolution and permeability studies, formulation work for conventional and modified release formulations (various routes of administration), analytical work, pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic and bioequivalence studies; pharmacology and clinical pharmacology work. B. Regulatory issues such as biopharmaceuitc classification of drugs, biowaiver concepts, pediatric formulations, EMA and FDA guidelines, good manufacturing practice, good laboratory practice and good clinical practice.
COMPLEX DRUGS: Scientific and regulatory aspects for polymeric micelles, glatiramoids, iron carbohydrate complexes, low molecular heparines (molecules very close to complex drygs ) will be discussed.
BIOTECHNOLOGICAL DRUGS (BIOSIMILARS): Physicochemical, immunological and regulatory aspects; clinical and non clinical work; applications in clinical practice.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstract Submission Deadline: 31 March 2017
• Abstracts must be submitted in English using exclusively the on-line system of the Congress web page (Abstract submission). Abstracts submitted via fax or any other means will not be accepted.
• Please indicate the preferred way of presentation (oral or poster). The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted as an oral presentation or a poster, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
• Please avoid abbreviations in the title. Abbreviations may be used in the text if they are defined when used first.
• The authors names (full first name, family name) and place of work (institution, city, country) should be given. Degrees, titles, street addresses and acknowledgements of support should be omitted, however.
• The abstract submission must be complete.
• The text of the abstract should briefly state: Objectives (indicate the purpose of the study or the hypothesis that was tested), Methods (include the setting for the study, the subjects, the diagnosis or intervention, and the type of statistical analysis), Results (present as clearly as possible the outcome of the study and statistical significance if appropriate) and Conclusions (briefly discuss the data and emphasize the significance of the results). References need to be given in the text.
• The length of your abstract should be limited to a maximum of 300 words.
• Please ensure that the abstract does not contain spelling, grammar or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Submitted abstracts will not be edited in any way. If the abstract does not fulfil the necessary requirements, it cannot be published.
• Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants at the congress
• Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
• The corresponding author must ensure the congress secretariat, that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and they consent to its submission.
• Authors will be notified by e-mail no later than April 21st, 2017, whether their abstract has been accepted or rejected, and, in case of acceptance about the form of presentation (oral or poster).
To submit your abstract please click here.
Registration Fee includes:
• Attendance of the Scientific Program
• Participation to the Opening Ceremony, Welcome Reception
• Congress material
• Certificate of attendance
• Coffee Breaks
To register online please click here